Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Subway music

I don't think a single day has gone by where I haven't heard music in some form or fashion on the streets and subways of New York. 
I would venture to say, that, more often than not- it's more painful, than beautiful.
But a couple of times now, I feel really blessed to be in the right place, at the right time... and my ears get a little treat.
This was one of those times.
At first, I was not all that impressed by this guy. But then he started singing, and then I noticed he's 1) singing 2) playing the harmonica 3) playing the "drum" (or in this case a suitcase) 4) playing the tambourine, 5) playing the banjo...  all at the same time. 
All growing up my mom was really into bluegrass music; and I hated it. But at some point, it grew on me, and I can really enjoy it from time to time. 

I can't begin to tell you how much I was entertained by this guy. I almost feel bad for you, because this clip doesn't even do him justice.

I hope you can enjoy the little taste that I can give you!


2 comments:

  1. what talent! lucky you! so far, i've come across brilliant sax players and guys who play drums on buckets, but never anything this cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED it Sweetheart!
    Thank you:)
    LoVe,
    MoM

    ReplyDelete