Monday, April 1, 2013

March in review

March 2013: Results

• Eat sweets (in general, not just the S&S peaches) at work no more than 2 times/week - I don't feel like this is something I should be allowed to cross off. I'm addicted to sweets, and after my 1/2 marathon, I really let go of my diet and ate whatever I wanted to. Working in this office is really making resisting temptation even harder, but I am going to keep trying! I'm hoping that by writing down everything I eat will help keep me accountable... we'll see!

• Finish the NYC ½ marathon with a smile on my face :D - HELL YES! I've been meaning to post my 1/2 marathon blog, but it just keeps getting so wordy that I've been putting it off. I promise to post soon though. Just know that it was an AMAZING experience, and I am so thankful I did it and can't wait for the next one!

• Foam roll at least once/week - Nope. I really wish I made more time for this, because I know my body needs it, but I neverrrrr do it. I think I maybe did it 3 times the week before the race, but that's probably it.
• Try at least 2 brand new recipes for dinner - Check! Well, 1/2 a check... I forgot that I said "dinner", but I did make chili from scratch for the first time ever (huge success) and banana oatmeal bread (not such a success)!

• Finish editing and print cruise pictures - Edits are done! I plan to upload them to be printed later today.
• Go to at least one “NYC only” restaurant that I’ve never been to before - Check! You can see my review of Back Forty on my Yelp page. Seriously one of the best burgers I've ever had!

• Go to the public library - I'm really sad I skipped this one. Especially since I had this past Friday off for Good Friday and was planning on going, but instead stayed home and was a bum all day long. Maybe next month..
• Go to yoga at least once (I was not so good at this for Feb. and I hate yoga in general, but I know it’s good for me- so I’m trying….) - I'm going to stop putting this on my to-do list, and maybe it will actually happen. I even mentally made a plan to go last night and had completely forgotten about it until almost 9 o'clock at night... oops.
• Go to spin at least once - The bad news, is that I didn't even go once. The good news is that I just purchased an unlimited month of classes at Revolve! I went this morning for the first time since my last review (February). I'm really looking forward to this!!
• Add vegetables to my meals at least twice/day - Ok, I knew this one was going to be hard for me, but woah. I think I managed to eat veggies once/day- about 5 days/week. If you are like me, and don't loveeee veggies, adding them to your meals is really a challenge! I'm a little disappointed that I didn't do better with this, however the meals that I prepare for myself nowadays are so extremely different than what I was eating 10 years ago, hell, even ONE year ago- so I need to give myself a little credit. Trying new recipes definitely helps, so if any of you have any suggestions, please send them my way! I'm hoping that I'll make prepping my food for the week more of a priority for April, which I know will help a lot.

 kale chips, steamed broccoli for morning eggs, spicy shredded chicken, and roasted cauliflower & broccoli

Ok, so I only crossed off 4 of the 10 things I wanted to accomplish for March; but I'm also being really strict with myself. If I did something half ass, I'm not allowing myself to cross it off. All or nothing!
I will post my goals for April tomorrow! Stay tuned :)


No comments:

Post a Comment